The 38th Annual Historic Festival Crosses The Finish Line
Lakeville, Conn. – After five days of activities, the 38th annual Historic Festival came to an end after another spectacular September day. The event featured 184 drivers, almost exclusively from the Northeast, racing vintage cars that ranged from a 1928 Bugatti 37A to a 1993 Ralt-RT-41A. Nineteen different drivers topped the podium in 32 races.
More than 500 cars were on display during the Sunday in the Park Concours and Gathering of the Marques. We celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Datsun Z-Car with multiple years represented.
“Faced with COVID-19 our goal was to have a quality event that was safe. We allowed no spectators on the racing days because of concerns of a crowded paddock. On Sunday we felt it was safe to have limited spectators as the cars were displayed all around the track. We had half of the normal number of cars and restricted the crowd to about one-eighth of our capacity. Good racing, quality cars, happy and I believe safe participants,” said Skip Barber, Lime Rock Park President.
For Full Race Results Click Here
The 38th annual Historic Festival By The Numbers:
- 5 days of activities including 3 days of on track action
- 32 races throughout the weekend
- 184 drivers
- Cars that races ranged from a 1928 Bugatti 37A to a 1993 Ralt-RT-41A
- More than 500 cars on display at the a Sunday Concours and Gathering of the Marques
- a 17-mile parade that kicked off the event on Thursday featuring more than 75 cars that traveled through 3 local towns
CLICK HERE FOR FACEBOOK PICTURES
Lime Rock Park Historic Festival 38
497 Lime Rock Road | Lakeville, CT 06039 | Phone: 860.435.5000
Courtesy Lime Rock Park