Historic Festival 37
featuring the Sunday in the Park Concours & Gathering of the Marques
Thursday, Aug. 29 – Monday, Sept. 2, 2019
Now in its 37th year, the Historic Festival at Lime Rock Park has been a time-honored tradition since 1982. Enjoy vintage car racing at its best.
The event opens on Thursday, Aug. 29, 2019, with the Vintage Race Car & Sports Car Parade presented by Salisbury Bank. This 17-mile tour through the local towns culminates in a free street fair in the charming town of Falls Village. Then continue your nostalgic journey through time and enjoy three days of authentic vintage car racing with practice and qualifying on Friday, Aug. 30, and a full day of racing on Saturday, Aug. 31 and Labor Day Monday, Sept. 2.
On Friday, Saturday and Monday, the Festival is in full swing with open paddocks, three concession stands, book and poster signings, vintage hat showcases, the Harpoon beer tent, food trucks and vendors on The Midway, the Kids Club area, unique merchandise in the Lime Rock Store, and the Swap Meet with car parts and unique automotive collectibles.
Of the Festival’s highlights, the Sunday in the Park Concours d’Elegance and Gathering of the Marques brings nearly 1,000 motorcars and motorcycles to the track on Sept. 1. Stroll the Park and tap into your inner car enthusiast as you admire rare and exotic historic and vintage cars. Another featured event is the Saturday Night Dinner & A Panel. Held in the main tent in hospitality village overlooking the front straight, the gathering is an entertaining charity event open to competitors, VIPs and fans alike.
New This Year at Historic Festival 37
- Special tribute to Formula Ford, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the single-seater class which launched the careers of many Formula 1, Indy Car and sports car drivers. Read More
- Formula Ford 50th Anniversary Saturday Night Dinner & A Panel will be a celebration of this important class and the people that made it successful. Read More
- Italian motorcar masterpieces such a Ferrari, Lamborghini and many more will be the stars Sunday’s Concours d’ Elegance. Read More
- A special celebration of the Morgan, celebrating the marque’s 110 year history. Read More
- Luigi Chinetti Junior, a name synonymous with Ferrari, takes the position of Historic Festival’s Honored Guest. Read More
- Honored collectors B.Z. and Michael Schwartz, showcasing their 11 masterfully restored collection of Post-War Italian GT and Dual-Purpose and Sport Racers. Read More
- The Italian-made motorcycles of Gregory Rathe, the Festival’s honored motorcycle collector. Read More
- The new Touring Group welcoming sports cars of up to the late 1970s to be part of several pace-car-led run sessions. Read More
- The Riverside Cafe, a VIP hospitality tent, is now open to the public via advance ticket purchase during Sunday in the Park. Read More
- The preliminary Entry List with the Racing Groups is now available for viewing. Read More
- The preliminary Weekend Schedule of Events is now available for viewing. Read More
Explore the Historic Festival
Go inside the Historic Festival and what makes it an internationally acclaimed historic car event. Check out these snapshots highlighting previous Festivals.
Plan Your Weekend:
Find yourself immersed in the grassy park setting along the hillsides and under the trees while enjoying road racing at its best. There are no bleachers, no grandstands, no assigned seating. Spread out your blanket or pop open the lawn chair, sit for a while or walk along the infield’s fence line to take in the on-track action from various viewing points. Tour the open paddocks for no extra charge and get up close to the cars and meet the competitors. Lime Rock Park is simply Beauty, Tradition and Speed. Here’s how you can experience Lime Rock during the annual Historic Festival:
Schedule, Pricing & Tickets
Free Admission For Military & Youths
Hospitalities & Upgrades
Car Corrals & Parade Laps
Sunday in the Park
Saturday Night Dinner
Vintage Car Parade & Street Fair
Participate in Historic Festival
For more information, questions or to purchase tickets and passes by phone, call (860) 435-5000 Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Become a Participant
From competing in one of the races or in the concours to riding in the parade or bidding in the auction, there are numerous ways to be a part of Historic Festival 37.
FIND ENTRY FORMS HERE
Event Information Courtesy Lime Rock Park